History of Constantiaberg Pre-Primary School
The present school was built on the existing site with the assistance of Garden Cities in September 1972. Its history goes back to 1945 when it was first established by Buxton Nursery School Teachers Training College. As the demand for pre-primary education grew, it moved to bigger and better premises over the following 27 years.
Constantiaberg Pre-Primary is a fully independent school. The principal is assisted by a governing body of 13 members (duly elected from representatives of parents of learners) who may or may not be members of the school prior to election. The administrator’s duties include the handling of finances, maintenance, fundraising, employment of staff and the setting of school policies. A full time secretary is employed to further ensure a professional standard of service to both educators and parents. Elections are held at the beginning of each year at the AGM.